Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm Lost.. Need Help!!!

Hey, im currently still sitting at home doing nothing. =.="
I wanna start my course already but I'm not sure which uni/college to go.
I wanna take Accounting.
At 1st, my plan was I take Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) for 1 year.
Then continue with Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) for 2 years in Sunway University College.
So 3 years later, i will be out to the real world.

My plan was perfect until i came home from Aussie.
My brother went to have dinner with one of our cousin's wife when I'm on holiday.
They talked about my studies..

(Before i went to Aussie, that my cousin's wife asked me to take 3+0 degree instead of ACCA)
But at that time, i dont care.
Cause i thought my plan was perfect.
My head keep thinking that 3 years later, i will be coming out to the real world & earning some amount of money..
Give mum some amount of money even if i don't earn a lot..
Be able to buy myself something that i want...
Getting richer one day pass another day..
Hahaha.. I must be dreaming. =)
[I feel that if one person come out to work earlier, he will get richer than others who come out to work late.]

When I came back from Aussie, my bro told me not to take ACCA cause the course is very hard.
He asked me to take 3+0 degree 1st, then come out to work.
If I wanna take ACCA, I can take it after I come out to work - when I'm older.
"Even my sister's friend, PC, who is a very hardworking & clever girl also will fail. Second time only pass.."
I think over and over again.
I'm a girl who is not hardworking, not very smart & I even fail 2 subject in SPM. I might fail even more times in ACCA.
So I thought "Hmmm.. Okay la. Dont take ACCA lo.. Since I'm not very smart or hardworking."

Then I consider what my cousin's wife told me earlier.
Taking 3+0 degree instead of ACCA.
So my current plan was take CAT then 3+0 degree.
But to take 3+0 degree, I need to take Foundation/SAM/A-Levels...
It's okay that if I need to take Foundation course.

The problem now is..
Most of the uni/college dont have CAT.
Only Sunway University College has this CAT course.
Even if i go Sunway University College take CAT, their pathway will be
British pathway:
SPM -> Pre-U -> ACCA

SPM -> CAT -> ACCA
Australia pathway:
SPM -> Pre-U -> 3+0 DEGREE ->ACCA/CPA

SPM -> Diploma in Business Adminstration -> 3+0 DEGREE -> ACCA/CPA

But my pathway is SPM -> Pre-U -> CAT -> 3+0 DEGREE

Dont think about ACCA 1st la. ACCA will come last, after i work.
Most of the uni/college's pathway is
SPM -> Pre-U -> 3+0 DEGREE

or SPM -> Pre-U -> Diploma -> Degree

Like :-
  1. UTAR : SPM -> Foundation -> Degree -> ACCA
  2. Taylor's : SPM -> Foundation -> Diploma in Biz -> 3+0 Degree
  3. Sunway : SPM -> CAT -> ACCA
    : SPM -> Pre-U -> 3+0 Degree
  4. Metropolitan, I dont know la.
  5. HELP, they dont have Bachelor of Accounting. They only got Bachelor of Accounting & Finance. But i only want Accounting.
  6. KDU :
  7. Inti :SPM -> Diploma -> 3+0 Degree

How?!?
How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?
How?!?
How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?
How?!?
How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?
How?!?
How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?
How?!?
How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?
How?!?
How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?
How?!?
How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?How?!?


Is 1.20am now. Going to sleep. Good night. Sweet dream. =)

Regards,
~*Jojo Tan*~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

just come to metro and i'll guide u
spm> foundation(1year) > degree(3+0 or 2+1)

Jojo Tan said...

So.. can u help me find more information about 3+0 degree?
I wanna know Metro twinning with what uni.. Can help me find out? Hehehe..

R.Wen said...

Of the places i know offers CAT is Sunway, KDU, HICT in Klang offers CAT n ACCA too, and some unknown/not popular colleges in Klang.

If ur ultimate aim is to get the ACCA, doing ACCA after getting a degree will be even tougher.
Reason is, most of ur time will be contributed to ur work. U're too exhausted till u hav no time to study (but who knows, mayb u can do it)

???? Y would u wanna do CAT then degree? If degree normally foundation/ pre-u then >degree...

Yes the ACCA course is said to be very hard/tough, failure rate high etc...
BUT it works differently on everyone, not everybody study n memorise the same way, so it works differently for diff ppl.
ACCA is a professional course, of course it's tougher than a degree.
But there's difference btw a professional n a degree holder...with ACCA, u're a professinal.
Moreover, ACCA works globally/internationally, it's recognised worldwide, u can work in other country. Whereas a degree, it depends on which uni u go, coz some is not recognise.

ACCA or degree...
For degree in accountancy, look for a prestigous degree such as Lancaster etc...
=) sorry pat kua

Jojo Tan said...

Rui wen, thanks alot for ur feedback. I appreciate it.

But now my pathway is Pre-U -> Diploma -> Degree -> ACCA. Not going to take CAT.

ACCA will come after i went out to work. Or maybe i continue to ACCA. Depands..

I took degree because Degree offers 9 subject of ACCA course. I think i would be easier for me - [the not hardworking / smart type]. Hahaha...

R. Wen said...

yep yep
me too(lazy)

for me
diploma > advanced diploma + ACCA

advance diploma gives me 9 papers exemption, same as a degree

so remainder with 5 papers
hehehe